About the Award
Contentious Trusts and Estates Team of the Year applies to a team of lawyers specialising in disputes that require resolution, whether through litigation or other means.
Depending on the entries received, the judges may decide to split the category into ‘midsize firm’ and ‘large firm’ subcategories; if so, entrants will be advised of this at the shortlist stage.
Focusing on the year 1 May 2020–23 April 2021 only, address all of the following five criteria: they are equally weighted.
- Provide details of the most notable cases (no more than three) handled by the team, explaining their significance and the key legal issues involved.
- Highlight the team’s range of skills, and explain how it interacts with colleagues in commercial litigation and non-contentious fields.
- Demonstrate how the team attract and secure new client relationships in this specialist field.
- Provide examples of innovation that differentiate the team from its competitors.
- Demonstrate the team's commitment to the wider profession.