About the Award
The Employer of the Year award is open to any organisation that employs staff working in private client and/or trust administration or management, and recognises organisations that go above and beyond for their employees, supporting their development, promoting high standards and providing a happy and healthy work environment.
Depending on the entries received, the judges may decide to split the category into ‘midsize firm’ and ‘large firm’ subcategories; if so, entrants will be advised of this at the shortlist stage.
Focusing on examples and initiatives from the year 15 April 2022–14 April 2023 only, address all of the following five criteria: they are equally weighted. The employee voice should feature in your entry.
- Provide examples of activities that foster a dynamic, happy and healthy workplace.
- Explain how the organisation supports employees’ continued learning and development.
- Demonstrate the organisation’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Outline the organisation’s approach to the promotion and upholding of high professional and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate that the importance of continued development within a positive and supportive working environment is championed from the top of the organisation.
NB: STEP’s Employer Partnership Programme (EPP) accredits organisations’ learning and development provision against a number of standards. These standards provide some useful guidelines to consider when entering this category. You can find the EPP guidelines here.